Friday, March 11, 2016

The Tale of Princess Kaguya


Here's my redesign project of the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.










I've changed the ending and given Kaguya a more active role. In the original story she loses her memory after the moon people put the robe of feathers around her and take her back home to the moon while her grandparents mourn over losing her. Instead, I decided to change it and make Kaguya take it upon herself to throw the robe over her and her adoptive grandparents in an act of defiance against the moon and together they forget each other. In the end, even though Kaguya returns to the moon, her last human moments were spent protecting the people she cared about the most.



Definitely going to continue working on more scenes for this project, so stick around!

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork is amazing!:) I came across your profile while looking for phantom tollbooth pictures, and couldn't leave without giving you a big ol' thumbs up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you have made these over 5 years ago already, but I will say this. As a Japanese, I like your take on the Tale of Princess Kaguya. You got a nice art style and I feel like this would have been a nice animated film to see.

    ReplyDelete