Sunday, November 2, 2014

Image and Idea


 Just some old design homework I've done for Image and Idea class in my 4th term


I had to design a traveling poster for a location I remember from a past childhood memory, so I chose a place in Taiwan I remember fondly as a child.




My other assignment was to redesign a book cover, so I decided on Amy Tan's "The Kitchen God's Wife". I ended up making two covers because my teacher liked both designs.

The first cover symbolizing a part of the book where she compares her luck to buying an expensive fish for her husband only to have him choke on the bone.

The second cover more literally about the character being hidden behind all her good work.

In this class I really had to embrace the idea of simplicity and symbolic images.

No comments:

Post a Comment